Participants Code of Conduct
Epsom Fencing Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes it is important that members, coaches, other volunteers and parent(s)/guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Chairman Nick Payne.
As a member of Epsom Fencing Club, you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions as agreed with the coach/team manager including correct fencing equipment as listed on the British Fencing website.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Participants must not smoke on or around club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions. Under no circumstances and at no time will the use of drugs be tolerated.
- Members (under 18) are not allowed to consume alcohol under any circumstances and at no time. Adult members are permitted to consume alcohol responsibly at appropriate social events, but never directly in association with the sport i.e. at training sessions, during matches etc.
- Bullying and other forms of abuse are never acceptable.
- Use of foul and abusive language is unacceptable.
- Any breach of this code of conduct could result in disciplinary action.